Monday, December 19, 2011

" My Favorite Christmas Gift" CONTEST - details below


I have not composed a Christmas wish list in years. A long time ago I asked my husband if he wanted me to write a Christmas list to give him ideas. "You can if you want to," he said with a sly smile, "but you're so easy to buy for that I have no trouble." When I asked him how he knew what I wanted, he said that he had come up with "gift groups" (like food groups) and he just tries to give me a balance of things from some or all categories. 

So here is  Mike's list of  “Seven Gift Groups For Sandy” (good ideas for any woman on your Christmas list)-

1. Something scented – think Bath and Bodyworks bodywash or lotion
2. Something shiny – a piece of jewelry like some unique looking earrings
3. Something pretty – an outfit that makes me feel drop dead gorgeous
4. Something entertaining – a chickflick DVD or CD we’ll watch together
5. Something to read – fiction from Davis Bunn or John Grisham
6. Something sweet – it used to always be chocolates, but because of medical issues it will have to be white chocolate this year
          And my all-time favorite gift every year:
7. Something affirming – he always writes me a card telling me how much he appreciates me going through life together and reflects on how God has seen us through the events of the past 12 months.

There are years when we’ve agreed to not to give each other gifts due to financial restraints and other years I've received something from every category. No matter what, though, I can always count on that card, which is the best gift of all.

No matter what other Christmas gifts you plan to give this year, consider writing a card with a few heartfelt words on it for those who are closest to you. There's something about written words of appreciation and love that warm the deepest part of our hearts.

Contest - Contest - Contest - Contest
Write me a post: What is your favorite Christmas gift? Do you receive the same thing every year or does it change?


You can post on this blog through Wednesday 12/21/2012 at 6 p.m. EST. I will choose a winner and send them a set of three hand tatted Christmas ornaments. Looking forward to your posts!

Merry Christmas -
Sandy Kay Salsbury

3 comments:

  1. My favorite favorite Christmas gift comes every year - Emanuel, God with us. I remember what an expensive gift my salvation is, how incomparable, how precious.

    Second best is being with however much of my family can be together.

    The Christmas I was sixteen my parents gave me a book of poetry, Oddments, Inklings, Omens, Moments, by Alastair MacLeish. I loved (still do) the poetry, but in retrospect I love best that they chose it for me - and neither of them was a poetry lover.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Once upon a time I received a white poodle stuffed animal because I lived in town and was not allowed to have a real four legged pet. I left it in a little rocking chair in my room one night and when I woke up during the night, I thought it was a little girl watching me and it scared me to death. Oh what memories rise to the top!!! I love your tatting by the way!!! Merry Christmas to you and yours.
    Love
    Aliese

    ReplyDelete
  3. The best Christmas present I have ever received was being blessed with a changed flight itinerary last year so that I could spend a few days with Chad at his home. Christmas day last year was quite stressful, draining, and a bit sad for me at my home. God provided a way for me to get to Columbus at no cost, so that Chad and his family could cheer me up. I was so thankful for a big smile and hug after a long day of crazy. :o)

    ReplyDelete