Monday, June 4, 2012

Birthday Eve - What's In a Day?

I just got home from celebrating my birthday (which is actually tomorrow) with my handsome hubby and lovely daughter. Between a coupon and an early-bird special, we ate sumptuous seafood overlooking the beach and then saw "The Avengers" movie. Mike had some roses for me, and we ate vanilla bean cupcakes.

For most of my life, I have felt strongly it was important to celebrate my birthday or other special occasions on the "actual day",  possibly because I wanted the busy world to stop and notice me, if just for one day. This year we celebrated Mother's Day a week early and my birthday a day early - unless I wanted to celebrate it without my family, since they both had to work.

For some reason, I didn't mind missing the exact day at all - maybe that means I am finally growing up. I certainly hope so. I'm just thankful tonight for life, a loving family, and a big God who loves me. I'll take that any day.

No comments:

Post a Comment