Saturday, November 5, 2011

He Has Something More

Several dear friends of mine are going through times of transition where one season or job is coming to an end and the details for their future are unknown as yet. As part of the theatre community as well as a university, we see a lot more transitions than many other settings, but it makes it no less traumatic or difficult even when you know it is coming, like my husband's May 2012 graduation with an MFA in theatre.
What message does God have for those of us looking at an indistinct future? The word for you and me right now is "more" - as in, our Heavenly Father has more for you than what you have done here to fore. You have been suspecting this was coming, sensing light breezes blowing from a new direction, and He is holding you as securely in this transition as surely as He has in your steadiest job. It is never fun to see a door close before another obviously opens, but this is a special season when you will experience how previous you are to Him.
God does not have any less resources to meet your needs right now than He did when you had a contract or salary with medical benefits, so do not assume you need to hunker down just to survive. Psalm 34 is one of my favorites and I especially love verse 10:
The young lions do lack and suffer hunger;
But they who seek the LORD shall not be in want of any good thing. (Psalm 34:10 NASB).
Of course, Jeremiah 29:11 is my official transition time favorite verse -
For I know the plans that I have for you,' declares the LORD, 'plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. (Jeremiah 29:11 NASB).
In my heart, this verse has long deep scratches on it where I have held on with my fingernails, but it has always proven true. Whether or not we know the specifics, He always has plans for us - something more. Let's trust Him together.

This post is dedicated with love to my dear friend KBB, Regent University's Theatre Cohort A and friends from Pigeon Forge and Lancaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment